50 Tips on How to Be Pretty Naturally
Our head-to-toe guide shows you how to be pretty and feel on top of the world: a fragrant bath with oil or herbs, traces of your scent wherever you go, pretty nails and glossy hair.
Some girls are born pretty, others work at it. While everyone appears to be pretty from the outside, the reason most girls look so flawless is because they (Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner included) use makeup to cover up for their imperfections.
- Loose powder leaves a residue in eyebrows. Use a brush to remove excess then contour the brow.
- If you put a little scent onto your third finger and run it across each brow you will keep them looking sleek. Smells sweeter too.
- Dark brows look harsh if your hair is fair. Lighten them with a cream facial bleach. Effectiveness depends on time the bleach stays on.
- Pluck stray hairs out every three or four days. Don’t wait until brows look shaggy. Choose sharp, slanted tweezers that will pick up hair easily. Soothe with skin tonic.
- Mascara clogs lashes but you can avoid this if you use a special lash comb when the mascara is almost dry to separate them. Open your mouth when making-up eyes, you won’t blink.
- Always carry a hand mirror for spot checks. Temperature changes can cause makeup to wilt and you may not find a mirror when you need one most.
- Lip gloss is not known for its staying power. But for a special moment, such as having a photograph taken, it gives a polished finish.
- If you blend your moisturizer with your base makeup (equal amounts of each) you will achieve a soft even coloring across the skin. You can still cover blemishes if you use a concealer stick under base makeup.
- Always use a translucent loose powder for the smoothest finish. It will ensure a makeup lasts up to seven hours. Take a cotton wool ball and dust upwards to remove excess.
- Your eye pencil will slide more easily if you warm it on a lamp bulb. This favorite trick of top makeup artists helps to achieve a soft, smudged look. Use immediately for the best results around your eyes.
Be pretty, get fit and stay healthy. There are a lot of benefits to staying fit and healthy. The most important thing is that you’ll have more energy, you’ll feel great, and you’ll notice improvements from the inside out.
- Consider your body as a motor car. Rev it up each day with a bout of exercise. Skipping or running will leave you feeling sharper.
- Not everybody needs eight hours sleep each night but it is a fair guide. Sleep is one of your three basic beauty needs, along with a good diet and plenty of exercise.
- If you feel low on energy, check that you are eating a balanced diet. Consider a course of multi-vitamin pills. The B-complex vitamins help the body deal with stress.
- Consider the sun as your free beauty bonus. It’s your best source of vitamin D, which is vital for healthy skin, teeth and bones.
- Check your posture. If it is bad, you’ll feel sluggish. Imagine a line running from ears to shoulders, hips, knees, middle of your feet. Now you are standing perfectly.
- This breathing exercise is a quick cure for fatigue. Sit cross-legged and hang your head. Breathe in deeply, filling the bottom of your lungs. Now exhale slowly. Repeat the action for five minutes.
- Staving off hunger pangs with sweets and biscuits just creates a vicious circle. The sugar they contain satisfies you at first but the effect soon wears off, leaving you craving more food. Don’t turn your nose up at raw carrots, celery or fruit. They are great natural beauty foods.
- Sparkling mineral water is your best drink if you are watching your weight. Delicious with a lice of lemon.
- Your calorie needs vary according to daily physical activities but most women will lose weight on 500 or 1500 calories a day. Carry a pocket counter with you to check calorie values of everything you eat.
Beauty treatments that make you look prettier. You can look your most beautiful with these quick and simple beauty tips.
- Facial toner in a spray is a boon. Use it as a toner on cleansed skin before moisturizing, as a pick-up or in a short burst to set makeup.
- Transfer your usual toner into a plant spray, available from florists. The sensation when the toner hits the skin is tingling sharp.
- Use your moisturizing cream around the back of the neck, too. Or try a hand cream if you prefer to use expensive face cream sparingly.
- Lips can become sore and chapped at any time of the year. Wear a protecting salve at all times, including under lipstick or gloss.
- Don’t dismiss face masks as time-consuming or messy. You will find it more effective if you apply before your bath or shower. The steam will help the mask penetrate.
- Most women prefer to wash their faces with soap or at least splash with cool water after a thorough cleansing. Take a soft towel and pat very gently against the skin.
- Don’t be misled about the sun’s burning rays. Even on cloudy days they are still strong, so it is vital to use a sunblock each morning.
- Body skin dries out just as facial skin so if you bare your legs this summer, a daily application of cream will smooth away rough skin.
- Sloughing body skin with a loofah removes dead, flaky surface cells and brings a warm, healthy glow.
- If you find your nail polish tends to chip easily, don’t keep redoing it but touch up the tips to help preserve the nail’s strength.
- If you wear more than one ring you can develop tiny skin calluses. Avoid them by swapping rings around. Massage in hand cream. A pumice stone will leave the skin soft.
Enhance your natural look and highlight your pretty appearance. All flowers are beautiful in their own way and that’s like women too. Add these simple tips to your beauty routine and get that glow you’ve always wanted.
- Short nails will look their best if they are painted a soft, natural color. Choose lots of bracelets rather than rings to take attention away from your fingers to your wrists. Ruffled cuffs have the same effect.
- Nails get forgotten in winter but with warmer weather coming you should think about painting them. Never use clashing colors on toes and fingers.
- If you have naturally well-shaped fingernails, they will look fabulous just buffed. You should use the buff against the grain of the nail for healthy shine.
- Instant hair help is at hand with ribbons, combs, scarves. Never tie back your hair with a rubber band, it will tear and split the ends. Choose covered “elastic” bands.
- Hair that lacks body will improve instantly with a conditioning mousse. Give it seconds to dry then brush hair into shape.
- Hairspray will be less visible if you first spray it on to your hair brush. Repeat the spray and brush action about three times each.
- A warm almond or olive oil treatment still remains the best solution for dry, over-bleached hair. Use your fingertips to massage in, leave five minutes and wash.
- Brushing is good for your hair but only when done correctly. The old-fashioned 100 strokes is unkind to hair but 25 strokes each day will improve its overall condition.
- Use your favorite scent all round, wearing scent is an art. Put essence in your bath, keep empty scent bottles in your wardrobe, carry an atomizer in your bag.
- Badly fitting shoes mean bad posture. Check yours by drawing an outline of your bare foot (no socks). If the outline is larger than the shoe sole, shoes are too small.
- A carefully acquired tan makes you look and feel better. Tan in a solarium if you want to start before heading for the beach.
- Best summer makeup to flatter a tan will have strong hints of bronze and gold colors.
- Your smile is one of your best beauty assets. You should floss away plaque between the teeth and use an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Choose easy-care fabrics. Nothing looks worse than nasty wrinkles. Pure fabrics always seem to crease more easily than a mix containing some man-made fibers.
- A splash of eye drops is to red and tired eyes what a brisk shower is to your body.
- Invest in a really good haircut, long hair can look flat and lack bounce. Subtle layering makes a big difference and shorter hair is easier to wash and care for.
Keep calm and feel better. Go ahead and pamper yourself in any way you can imagine!
- If you are nervous or under stress, try drinking herbal tea in place of your usual tea or coffee. Mint and Chamomile are very soothing.
- Many people find exercise quells hunger pangs altogether. Even if this does not happen, you will feel more calm and relaxed.
- A bath is a delicious bonus. Not only do you get peace and quiet, you can toss in a handful of herbs or bath oil and emerge glowing.
- Tell yourself you’ll look terrific, make new summer resolutions. Remember a change shows you care about your skin and hair.