Ayurveda provides vast insight into everything related to life. In medicine and preserving one’s body, Ayurveda is one of the best natural remedies to many ailments or infections and is a generally good solution to building up immunity.
If a person’s systems are functioning well, there won’t be many health-related problems. This is because of the energies that flow through your body. When food gets digested thoroughly in the body, it is metabolized and the nutrition is distributed evenly among the seven tissues. These are rasa, blood, muscle, fat, bone, marrow, and reproductive tissues.
The end result of a fully digested meal is Ojas. Ojas is the energy that maintains these seven major tissues along with the three doshas in the body – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. This energy is the subtlest form of Kapha.
How to restore Ojas
Ojas Ayurveda products are made from natural herbs and plants to maintain this energy because it forms our immunity shield. Apart from this, there are practices as well that restores low Ojas. This energy can be restored by:
- Better food. Eating warm and properly cooked food, veggies, lentils, grains, and good quality oil provides for clean digestion. Avoiding heavy food like processed food, heavy meat, frozen food, and so on makes it difficult to have clean digestion. Ghee is fuel for Ojas so cooking with it regulates the energies very well. If you can’t use ghee for everything, unrefined oil or cold-pressed oil works well too.
- Herbs. Ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon help rid the ama or toxins in the body. Curry leaves take care of protein synthesis and also clears out ama. Probiotics like natural yogurt are great to aid in digestion and overall gut health, Manjistha or the Indian Madder is a blood, bone marrow, and liver cleanser. Tulsi tea is a good way to detox the respiratory tract. Ojas Ayurveda products are made from these kinds of ingredients which instantly get your Ojas flow started.
- Routine. Ayurveda emphasizes greatly on routine. Eating on time, fasting at specific times, exercising, and generally being organized is a great way to fuel your Ojas. Going to bed early and waking up early stimulates your mind and body and ensures the right amount of rest.
- Abhyanga. Oil massage is a wonderful way to strengthen the immune system. It relaxes the nervous system, stimulates blood circulation, and aids in cleansing toxins and inflammation in the body. Most Ayurvedic oils also have antifungal or antibacterial properties. Oil pulling is another effective way to keep your Ojas high. By swabbing around oil in your mouth like a mouthwash, the oil pulls out all the toxins through your mouth and helps you release them. Remember to never swallow this oil or keep your mouth unwashed after the process.
- Other methods. Doing a detox of addictive or harmful things like technology, excessive working, drinking, eating, etc can give you clarity like nothing else. It will help you balance out all your emotional and mental blocks and boost your immune system. Understanding your body and mind and helping it can rekindle the Ojas.
Ojas Ayurveda products target these blocked channels in your body that make you weak and disease-prone. Coupling these products with some positive practices and changes in your lifestyle will maximize the effects of natural remedies.