Are you about to be a new mom? Are you wondering if it is safe to consume banana during pregnancy? Do you want to know its health benefits? Then, you can read through the following section to clear your doubts.
Bananas are comprised of multi nutrients so they are very good for your health. However, it is advised to have only the fresh once, and avoid if you see black spots on the banana. If you are not allergic to banana, you can always implement it in your diet. It will be best if you go through the passage down below to know the benefits of its regular consumption.
Health benefits of consuming banana during pregnancy
If you are a mother to be, you should know about the health benefits of the food you’ll eat. Why? Because that will not only affect your body but also provide the baby with energy and proper nutrition to grow inside you. Banana is a power fruit for pregnant women unless you overdose on it. The following are a few health significant benefits of consuming this fruit regularly.
- It boosts your hemoglobin level. According to the reports of the National Anemia Action Council, one of the main reasons for low hemoglobin level is iron deficiency. You’d be surprised to know that most pregnant women suffer from this. Bananas are rich in iron, which will help you to boost your hemoglobin level. Therefore, it is advised to consume bananas regularly throughout your pregnancy.
- It relieves you from constant nausea. One of the many reasons to consume banana during pregnancy is that it helps to relieve nausea. It is a fact that every pregnant woman undergoes morning sickness or nausea, and the properties of banana would help to lessen that feeling.
- It helps the baby to develop the nervous system. Among numerous vitamins, the water-soluble vitamin B6 will help your baby to develop his or her nervous system while growing inside your womb. It will be best if you regularly consumed a medium-sized banana during your first trimester. Why? Because consuming banana during pregnancy will help you, and the baby, to develop the brain and central nervous system.
- It promotes your energy. Bananas are rich in simple sugars, such as glucose, sucrose, fructose. Other than that, it is comprised of a high amount of carbohydrates, which then will boost your energy, and that is why it is recommended to consume banana during pregnancy. As you’ll be going through, hormone changes, cramps, nausea, it is necessary for you to have power-foods, which will provide you with instant energy.
- It will boost your appetite. Bananas are not just a sweet-smelling, and delicious fruit, it has various benefits. Among the numerous benefits of its regular consumption, it also boosts your appetite. It is also common among different women to feel a loss of appetite, and having bananas can help to increase it.
- It will help to boost your immunity. As mentioned earlier, bananas are packed with numerous nutrients, which will help to relieve you from any generic ailment. As bananas are a great source of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, it will help to protect you from any common disease. It will also positively affect your child’s health.
- It is an excellent source of Folic acid. Another reason why it is beneficial to consume banana during pregnancy is that it is an excellent source of Folic acid. Why do you need it? Folic acid plays a crucial role in the growth of a baby’s brain and spinal cord. Other than that, Folic acid will also prevent the baby to be born prematurely and attract any ailment.
- It boosts your digestive system. How can banana help a mother to be? As bananas are packed with both dietary fiber and potassium, it instantly becomes beneficial for your digestive system. Such properties will make it easy for you to digest food easily and will relieve you from feeling bloated. Other than that, bananas are also rich in pectin, which normalizes the process of digestion.
- It helps in bone development. Did you know that bananas are also a great source of calcium? Such a property of banana makes it a power-fruit. Calcium for a woman during her pregnancy, as it will help to develop bones of both the mother and the child.
- It is an excellent source of antioxidants. Lastly, bananas are an excellent source of antioxidants; therefore, it is advised to consume banana during pregnancy. While the properties will prevent any cellular damage in your body, it will help to improve the nervous system of your baby.
Note: It can be said that bananas are a good option for every pregnant woman unless you have any latex allergies. With regular consumption of banana during pregnancy, you’ll improve the well-being of your body, underdeveloped breasts, and the development of your child simultaneously.
Author Bio: Dipali is an enthusiastic health blogger and the founder of lifecares.org. She likes to share her thoughts to make people inspired about their fitness. She is an experienced writer and author on highly authoritative health blogs.